How to verify Skrill account and increase your limits?
Increasing your limits is usually a matter of providing additional account verification which is quick and easy.
Once you have started using your account to make transactions, you will be given the option to provide an additional verification of your identity, by uploading a clear, legible, valid and unaltered scanned color copy or photo of one of the following documents:
• The front and back of your driving license
• The photo page of your passport
• Front and back of your national ID card
Skrill will also ask you to verify your address and take a selfie.
Funding your Skrill account is part of the verification process. You can complete the verification of your account ONLY after a successful funding. You can fund your Skrill account by using any of upload options available in the Deposit section of your account or by receiving money from other Skrill customer or merchant.
You can start the process of uploading a copy of your photo identification documents by clicking on the banner, visible after you login to your Skrill wallet or via the Settings section of your account, under Verification.
This will take you to the Verify your Account page where all remaining verification steps will be displayed.
You can choose to verify your account via your Facebook profile or to follow the standard verification flow.
** Depending on your country of residence this option may not be available to you
Once you start the Verify ID process, you will be presented with 2 options allowing you complete the ID verification:
1. Download our Mobile App – this is the fastest option allowing you to download our app and use your phone camera to take photos and upload them to our secure verification system. You can download the Skrill application (Skrill Google Play/Skrill Apple App Store) and use your smartphone camera in order to easily complete this verification step.
2. Take and Upload Webcam Photos – this is a fast option allowing you to use your webcam to capture images or upload photos of the front and back of your ID, and then take a picture of your face (selfie).
Note: If you don't have a webcam, please use Option 1 above.
By clicking on Take and Upload Webcam Photos, you will be given the option to choose your document type and country of issuance.
Next you will be required to either upload copies of your documents or use your webcam to capture new images of your document, and then take a picture of your face (selfie).
After successfully uploading/using your webcam to submit your documents and taking a photo of your face, the Verify Your ID step will be IN REVIEW.
You will then receive a success message and can continue to any remaining verification steps.
If you have not yet shared your browser location, you will be prompted to do it to fulfill the Verify your address requirement.
The geolocation service is available for selected countries only. If your country is not supported, we'll give you the chance to manually upload an address verification document.
On the summary page you will see that certain steps have been completed and that the submitted documents are being reviewed.
Once the verification process is fully completed you will receive an email confirmation.
Additional information on the account verification process you can find here.